December 30, 2011

2011 in review

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile! I've been really busy opening presents, hanging with family, and seeing friends. Ya know...that whole life thing.

Holy cow, it's almost 2012! Did 2011 fly by or what?! In June of next year, I will officially be out of high school for 8 years and out of college for 4. I cannot believe I've been a legit grown-up for 4 years. Ew.

A lot changed for me in 2011. It is the year I decided enough is enough for my health and got down to business.

I reached my goal of running a half marathon, and then ran and PRed in another, and then ran another, and then threw in a 5-miler. And literally just signed up for my fourth race on May 5, 2012. Heh.



I got a new tattoo.



I moved in to a new apartment.

I turned 26.

I met my idol. (She loves me too.)

I discovered overnight oats and declared my love for my crock-pot.

I lost 57 sticks of butter.

I watched my niece grow and learn in her first year of life.



I started this lil guy!

I raised some money for my work, which turned out to be more personal than I ever imagined.



I had some good days...and some bad.

I think I've grown more over these past 12 months than any other year before. If not, I at least kept a better record of it.

I hope everyone can look back at 2011 and feel happy about the year in general. The whole thing may not have been butterflies and rainbows, but hopefully some part of the past year was good. Moving forward, I hope to continue to grow as a person, professionally and personally, to make 2012 the best year yet. Of course, I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment