January 2, 2012

First post of 2012

Greetings from the year 2012! So weird...I don't think I ever get used to referencing the new year until at least April.

I took down all of my Christmas decorations this morning. I love putting them up but I hate taking them down. It's like driving to your vacation destination: the ride there is always more fun than the drive home.

As I mentioned in my last post, I signed up for the Capital City Half Marathon on May 5, 2012. It will be my second time running this race. I want to run it in less than 2 hours. That was my goal for my last half, the Columbus Half Marathon, but I was sick three days before the race and didn't quite reach that goal. I haven't run much since the 5-mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning so I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready to get back in the saddle. I haven't decided if I'm going to register to run the race with Team In Training yet. I don't know how much time I can commit to fundraising this time around since I'm pretty sure all my donors from my last two TNT events are tapped out. If I can plan 2-3 fundraisers instead of relying on individual donations then I'll sign up for TNT. As you can see, I'm still working out the details in my brain but I'm glad I at least signed up for the race!

I'm returning to work tomorrow after two weeks off. I really got used to not working so it's going to be an adjustment getting back to my regular schedule. I'm looking forward to the structure but I'm also going to miss doing whatever I want. With all the extra time on my hands, I caught up on some shows and have added three to my regular DVR schedule: Revenge, Up All Night, and The Walking Dead. Most of my shows have new episodes again this week (finally) so my DVR is going to fill up fast!


Gotta throw on my jersey to watch OSU play Florida in the Gator Bowl this afternoon. Go Bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment