January 19, 2012

Sucking it up

So remember yesterday when I had a big decision to make by 5pm? Well, all day yesterday I was telling myself it would be ok to skip my run. I was tired, my back was in constant pain, and I was hungry for most of the day. I kept telling myself  "don't worry about running today. You worked hard this morning with Demi, you should take tonight off." My mind was made up: I was going to skip my run. Or so I thought. At 4:40pm, I was working hard perusing one of the blogs I read regularly and found a treadmill workout that included a walking option. At 4:45pm, I said "Suck it up and run. You have 135 (now 134) days until the wedding. NO EXCUSES." (Yes, I talk to myself in caps.)

It was like the universe was telling me I made the right choice: traffic on the way to the gym was less bonkers than usual, I got a parking spot right away, hopped on a treadmill right away, and once I started running, I forgot how tired, hungry, and sore I was. I had to take 2 30-second breaks near the end of the pyramid, but other than that, it was a great workout! I was exhausted last night and could barely keep my eyes open for one of my favorite shows, Happy Endings, but this morning, I'm feeling really good and I'm so glad I got that run in! Especially since I won't be able to run again until next week, it felt good pushing through my mental block and getting my ass in gear!

Here's the workout:

[source]
This morning I desperately needed caffeine. I try not to drink coffee because I have to add boatloads of sugar and cream but I knew I couldn't get through today without it. I have some diet hot chocolate packets left over from 4D so I added one of those to my cup o' joe and it was mighty tasty! Still not as sweet as I usually prefer but it definitely added some flavor so I could suck it down like nobody's business. Consider it the poor (wo)man's mocha.

I also have some exciting news that I'll share tomorrow...I haven't decided 100% about it so I don't want to say anything yet. Once I make a decision either way, I'll be sure to share it with you fine people.


Adios, amigos!

1 comment:

  1. haha Laine I love you, and your blog :)
    Happy Almost weekend!

    ReplyDelete