January 31, 2012

Banana almond smoothie


Guess who I saw at the gym last night? If you said Puffy Coat and Backpack from last week, you win. I was on the treadmill directly behind Puffy Coat and noticed her jacket right away. Backpack was one treadmill away with her stupid yellow backpack right next to her machine. I didn’t have my phone on me so I couldn’t snap a picture but you better believe I gave them both the side-eye.


you better scram

I did this workout (finally!) It was actually one of the easier pyramid workouts I’ve tried. It’s a great workout for someone not used to running intervals; it eases you in to the sprints. I ended up doing it twice, skipping the last 5-minute walk and going right back in to the first 5.0 interval. I started my cool down walk after my second 8.0 interval, mostly because I had a side cramp.

This morning was the perfect morning for a new smoothie. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it did not disappoint. I altered it slightly to my personal preferences: thick and juicy! (TWSS)

Banana almond smoothie
Serves 1

1 c almond milk, regular milk or yogurt (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1.5 large banana, frozen
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
A drizzle of honey, agave nectar or maple syrup (I used agave nectar)
A dash of almond extract

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Garnish with slivered almonds if desired.



It’s unseasonably warm today (I am not complaining) and this smoothie hit the spot. It made me smile on my dreaded commute to work. The only problem with the mouth-watering recipes I see on Pinterest is that I actually have to make them. I want someone else to make them so all I have to do is eat them. Wouldn’t that be nice.

I also discovered what dog I want to get via Pinterest:


golden cocker retriever
 This lil guy is fully grown!! He is a mix between a cocker spaniel and a golden retriever and is the perfect size (and cuteness) for my apartment. I'm not technically allowed to have pets but I don't think anyone would notice..........

No comments:

Post a Comment