January 5, 2012

Perfect post-workout smoothie

Hallelujah! My shows have new episodes! I was ranting over my vacation about watching re-runs for the past two weeks so it's nice being able to watch new stuff! I recently got in to the show Revenge, mostly because my dad is obsessed and would try to talk to me about it but I would have no freaking clue what the heck he was talking about. I figured I would do both of us a favor and add it to my rotation. Now I'm hooked! Someone once described it as "The O.C. but with better acting" and that is exactly what I would say. (God I miss that show.)

"Welcome to the O.C, bitch"

Last night was the first new Revenge episode in 2 weeks and I really wanted to stay up to watch it but I fell asleep during the first commercial break. Whoops! No worries, it's DVRed. I was expecting texts from my dad about it when I woke up this morning but there weren't any, so I'm anxious to see it!


Revenge

I also remembered a fantastic smoothie recipe last night. It popped in to my brain when I wanted a milkshake. I can't believe I forgot about it! It is my absolute favorite smoothie, mostly because it involves chocolate milk. I used to drink it after my long runs last year when I was training for my first half marathon. I think I like it so much because it makes a ton. Enough to fill me up but not too much to upset my stomach, as some things do after a long run.

Chocolate Banana Smoothie
serves 1

1 cup light chocolate milk (I use Silk light chocolate soy milk)
1 frozen banana
1 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together in a blender.

I literally would drink these every morning before work and then have one or two on the weekends. As time went on, I added some more frozen fruit and, when I wanted something thicker, I would add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. I can't wait to have one...and then another...and then another...

No comments:

Post a Comment