January 18, 2012

100 posts

Happy 100 posts for The Salty Sweater!! It's weird to think I've posted 100 times since June. At the beginning I was posting willynilly, but now I try to post at least once a week day. Honestly, it's a great release for me and a chance to take a break from real life stuff. Some posts have been better than others but such is life, eh? I'd just like to thank everyone (again) who reads this -- the encouraging words I receive about it makes me feel smushy inside :)  In honor of post 100, I'd like to continue with the real theme of the blog: workouts and food!


[source]

I have a big decision to make today: to run or not to run. I was planning on running after work but I think I pulled a muscle at That Gym this morning because my left shoulder blade is killing me. It was hard driving to work because I would move my arm and get shooting pain. Even inhaling deeply is causing major back pain. No bueno. If I do suck it up and run, I can't decide if it'll be an indoor or an outdoor run. My hours have switched back to "regular" or "normal" or "later," meaning I work from 9am-5pm from now until September. I've been spoiled over the past few months, working from 7:30am-3:30pm or 8:30am-4:30pm. Now, I won't even be able to start a run until 5:30-5:45pm. Oh the horror! Outside runs will be dark (and cold) and indoor runs will be a biatch because of those New Year's resolution jerks at Premier. I have until 5pm tonight to decide what to do. Dun dun dunnnnn....

A new snack I've been stuffing my face with lately is Kim's Magic Pop with salsa.


Say whaaat? Magic Pop is sold at Giant Eagle Market District and it's very similar to rice cakes. I like it better than rice cakes because these are bigger and smoother in texture. I've recently begun buying the cheese variety and eating it with my all-time fave Newman's Own black bean and corn salsa. I would prefer lime tostitos but since I eat about half a jar of this salsa at a time, the Magic Pop gets the job done in less calories, fat, and guilt. As long as there is a vehicle for getting the salsa in to my belly, I can't complain. If you can't get your hands on any Magic Pop, try rice cakes. I've never done it but I can't imagine it being too terrible.

Love ya Pauly!

I'd love to hear other ideas for Magic Pop if anyone has experimented with it. It comes in multiple flavors but I've only been able to get my hands on the cinnamon and the cheese. Cinnamon is good with nutella....but that takes more self control that I cannot necessarily guarantee.

Have a great hump day! If anyone's giving out free back rubs, give me a ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment