January 31, 2012

Healthy Tuna Salad

Who has two thumbs and stocked up their fridge yesterday? This girl! A fridge with nothing in it is kind of depressing...it reminds me of college when all we had in there was beer and cold mac and cheese. But back then, it was acceptable. Not any more, my post-college, career-focused friends, Not. Any. More.


bread and pb: dinner of champs, OU style.
I'm a big fan of edamame but I don't eat at sushi restaurants all that often. My solution? Frozen edamame. I've tried a few different brands but Kroger Private Selection is my favorite. It steams in the bag as it microwaves so all you have to do is open that baby and go to town! I got sushi at the grocery last night too because what's edamame without sushi?



Last night was also spent boiling lots of eggs. Me gusta hard-boiled egg whites. I think it's the texture that really tickles my fancy.

Plus, I made tuna salad for lunch today in a new-to-me way. It's the first time I've made it with Greek yogurt and I was a little skeptical because plain Greek yogurt is pretty foul on its own. However, I don't mind the tuna salad! Obviously, mayo is better but since mayo isn't exactly on my list of approved foods right now, Greek yogurt tuna salad is an edible alternative.

Healthy Tuna Salad

serves 1

1 can tuna in water, drained and rinsed
1 container fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
cherry tomatoes, halved
other veggies as desired

Mix all ingredients together. Chill in fridge until serving. I was all ready to add dill but then I couldn't find it and think maybe I used it all...whomp whomp.

In addition to all that, I went next door to Grandview Cafe for trivia night with this girl:


me and Brittny (one of my fave old pics)

Tonight won't be as busy, which is good because I have Glee and New Girl to catch up on before Modern Family, Happy Endings, and Revenge tonight! (I watch a lot of TV.) Giddy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment