January 3, 2012

It's Greek to me

You wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?



That...or my alarm clock. Yuck city. I'm back to work after a two week vacation and as much as I was dreading it, it hasn't been too bad. I feel like my old self with an actual routine. I checked my email while I was out so I wasn't completely overwhelmed when I returned. Plus, I work with schools and since my participants are teachers and were out for winter break, there wasn't too much to catch up on right away. Our office got new carpet and freshly painted walls so I spent the first hour this morning getting my office back together. It smells like a new house!

Guess what ya'll? I have a new favorite thing: Chobani Greek yogurt with multi-grain Cheerios. I have loved both items separately for quite some time, but I just got the genius idea to mix the two last week when I didn't have any milk for my Cheerios. Genius is right because it is an amazing snack! I admit I probably didn't invent this snack but I still enjoy it just the same. If you've never added your favorite cereal to your favorite yogurt before, this is a must try!


[source]

If you are vaguely aware of health news, I'm sure you've heard about Greek yogurt. If you've been living under a rock and don't know what the h-e-double hockey sticks I'm talking about, Greek yogurt is a powerhouse of health benefits. Just a few of the differences I notice are that Greek yogurt has 15-20 grams of protein compared to regular yogurt's 9 grams, helping you feel fuller, longer. It also contains less carbs and about half the sodium of its regular counterpart. Greek yogurt is tangier and not as sweet as regular and it has a different consistency (Greek yogurt is way thicker than regular yogurt) so it may take some getting used to, but Chobani is by far my favorite yogurt of all time. I've always liked regular yogurt but I've never eaten it as consistently as I do Chobani. My favorite flavors are black cherry, blueberry, peach, and the ultimate: strawberry banana. Yumyumyummy!

I'm officially starting my half marathon training today with a whopping 4 miles. I'm going to attempt to run it outside in the snow and darkness. It's looking mighty cold out there, though, so I brought my clothes to the office so I can go to the gym if I chicken out. However, I'm trying to avoid my regular gym like the plague because of all the New Year's resolution people who only go for the first one or two months of the year. In addition, I haven't run (ran?) on a treadmill without an incline or interval sprinting for about 9 months sooo that should be interesting. Re-training of the brain starts today as well! Adios amigos!

1 comment: