June 27, 2011

That Gym!

Demi!
So this past weekend was my personal training studio's one year anniversary! They had a party during the Grandview Hop and it. was. a. blast! My trainer, Demi, and her friend, Ashley, opened this studio a year ago right in the heart of Grandview. Demi is a family friend and when I finally decided I needed some help reaching my weight loss goals, I signed up to work out with Demi twice a week. I was worried at first because I didn't really know what to expect and I hadn't done this much exercise for literally 5 years. However, after the first month, I increased my sessions and started going 4 days a week for an hour a day. She knew about my half marathon goal so she would tailor my workouts around my running and helped me increase speed and endurance. She taught me how to make healthy choices with food and she's also made exercising fun! I really look forward to my morning sessions with her because we get to talk about a lot of things going on in each other's lives while breaking a sweat! I used to feel so guilty when I went off my diet or skipped a workout that I would just give up after a month or two. Now, I don't feel as guilty because I know I'll be working out at least four days a week and Demi is so positive, she won't even let a negative thought enter my brain. I can honestly say she's changed my life!


[source]
I'm so happy for her and Ashley for starting this business and for the success they've had in their first year! If you're looking for a way to jump start your own weight loss, or just to meet new people and make new friends, I definitely suggest working out at That Gym On Grandview. Both Demi and Ashley have different price options for how often you want to work out and they will tailor your workouts to your body and your goals. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment