June 6, 2011

blended banana bliss

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! I had a great time but now it's back to reality, which means back to my diet. I wanted to share with you one of my favorite new recipes: banana "ice cream." I eat this at least twice a week because it's just like ice cream but without all the guilt. I got this recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers. The best part is that it's so easy, even a caveman can do it!

All you need is two frozen bananas, vanilla protein powder (optional, but it will help keep you fuller, longer), 1 cup milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almondmilk) and some honey. Throw all of this in the blender, blend it up so it's really creamy, and dig in! I'll sometimes put it in a bowl and add fresh blueberries or strawberries, but you can also just pour it in a cup and enjoy it like a smoothie. I'll be posting more about smoothies because I'm a little bit obsessed with them. This recipe makes A TON which I like because it's very satisfying but not so heavy that you feel sick afterward. I dream of this treat while I'm running since it's been so hot hot hot out lately. Let me know how yours turns out!

Speaking of running...since I didn't run this weekend (oops) I need to run five miles today after work. I prefer working out in the morning before work so I have my afternoons for other things (like playing tetris on the computer) but I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting some miles in. I wasn't able to go to the TNT team trainings at all last week so I'm hoping to make it to the runs this week and weekend. Nothing like catching up with friends to make the runs go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment