June 27, 2011

4th of July Shenanigans

Boy, do I have a yummy recipe to share! These flax & oat breakfast power muffins are one of the first "healthy" recipes I tried because I already had all the ingredients. I made these again for the second time last week and they are just as good as I remember! The first time I made them, I didn't use chocolate chips but this most recent batch, I added organic dark chocolate pieces from Whole Foods. I also ate a handful of them as I was baking (hehe). They definitely add a sweetness factor, so I suggest you experiment to see which you like better. Let me know what you think!

Jamie, Tiff and me
I have to admit, I'm having a hard time concentrating at work today. My favorite weekend of the year is coming up and I am so excited to get through this week and on to the festivities. My brother and his family are having their first 4th of July party on Saturday and I can't wait! It's been really nice having them so close because it's now the place our family gathers for holidays. We've never really gotten into holidays before because there was no place we all could go and get together, but now that Jamie and Tiff have a home, we seem to get together over there at least a few times a month. Tiff is such a great cook too, so the meals are always amazing! 4th of July weekend is always a huge deal for UA; all the class reunions are held during the 4th and people come home so it's nice to be able to see old friends that don't live in UA anymore (although I don't know why they would ever want to leave in the first place ;) ). BUT, the weekend isn't even the most exciting part: I have a week off of work next week! I'm not going anywhere, but it's going to be nice to have the afternoons off to get stuff done and I'm sure there will be some pool time in the mix.


BFF!

THEN, the FOLLOWING weekend is my very best friend's engagement party. Katie and Steve are getting married June 2012 so this is the first of many parties for them. I'm so happy for her; we've always talked about when we get married, and now she's actually doing it! There will be more on her/them/the wedding as the date approaches :) Needless to say, it's going to be an excellent start to July. All I have to do is get through this last week of June and then it's party time!


Is anyone else doing anything fun for the 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment