December 5, 2011

December Detox

First thing's first: my tree went up yesterday! It took awhile but it was totally worth it. The tree used to be Jamie and Tiff's but they've upgraded so I took this one because it's the perfect size for my cozy apartment. I had quite the mental dilemma deciding between white or colored lights. White lights look classier but I ultimately decided on colored lights because they make the tree look more fun. Maybe when I'm 30, I'll be mature enough for white lights but right now, I'm going with a hip, cool, colorful tree.
party tree, excellent
About 9 of us from That Gym are doing a December Detox Diet that Demi created. (From here on out, I will refer to the diet as 4D: Demi's December Detox Diet.) I can't share the details of the diet since it's part of the personal training we receive from Demi, but I will be as honest as possible about following it. Honesty test: last night, on day 1, I thought about cheating around dinnertime. I didn't, but I thought about it on and off for about an hour. I ultimately told myself that winners never cheat and cheaters never win and stuck to my guns. That, and I want to look hot for New Year's Eve, so that helps.

Instead of setting a running/fitness goal for this month, I've set an eating/diet goal. Since I have my exercise pretty much on point right now, it's time to seriously improve my eating habits...for real. I've said this many times before but it's the area I struggle with most. Plus, it's only for the month of December, not for an outrageous length of time, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and it looks like Christmas Day Dinner.

However, it's day 2 and I've already hit (another) snag. Every year around this time, my office has a "snack" every day for the next two weeks. Each person signs up for a day to bring in a treat and we all eat our snack together at 3pm. No, we are not in kindergarten; we are a non-profit and have to entertain ourselves sometimes. However, I'm certain none of these snacks will be on my 4D list of approved foods. It's not the end of the world that I cannot participate in the eating of the snacks but temptation will be at an all-time high around 3pm for the next couple weeks. 4D allows one cheat meal a week so if there is a snack that I absolutely cannot live without, I can use a cheat meal. No offense to my co-workers, but I have a feeling my cheat meals will involve pizza or french fries. Just sayin'.

P.S.- Pop on over to my pal Kathleen's new blog! She's my friend/teammate from high school and a new mom to the cutest baby boy in the whole world! Not to be confused with the cutest baby girl in the whole world.




No comments:

Post a Comment