December 1, 2011

Thank You cookies

Happy December! I cannot believe it's December. Literally cannot grasp the concept that it will be 2012 in 30 days. I feel like Halloween was just last weekend. It's crazy how fast the end of the year goes because it's so busy trying to wrap up everything. I've been looking forward to December since like July because I'm taking the last two weeks of December off from work so it's going to be a short work month! Now I'm kind of freaking out about getting four weeks worth of work done in two. I'm sure you'll hear all about how that goes!

I made my co-workers a treat last night because they helped me with a very annoying and heavy job yesterday. It took 5 people an hour to unload a truck full of cardboard boxes. 11,000 cardboard boxes and 550 shipping boxes to be exact. The lady who delivered them didn't have the right equipment and of course we're a non-profit and we don't have any un-loading-trucks-full-of-boxes supplies, so all we could do was use manpower. Like the olden days. Because I took up so much of their time (and muscles), I made my work pals white chocolate-dipped Oreos. I saw these on Peanut Butter Fingers a few times and they looked delicious and easy enough, so I went to town. And I was right: they are amazingly tasty and simple as can be.



White Chocolate-Dipped Oreos

Ingredients

1 package double stuf Oreos
1 package (6 squares) Baker's white chocolate
Toppings for chocolate, optional

Directions

Melt the chocolate according to package directions. Once melted, dip one end of each Oreo in to the chocolate and place on wax paper or aluminum foil. Add toppings while chocolate is still warm. Let Oreos sit at room temperature until chocolate has cooled and firmed.



I wanted to use the holiday Oreos with the red filling but I couldn't find them. That would be really festive! PBF used crushed peppermint candies as well as sprinkles for her toppings. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything fun laying around so I just used red and green sprinkles. I want to do this using pretzel twists because nothing beats pretzels and chocolate together! Party in my mouth!

I'm also attending my first ugly sweater party of the season tonight...even if I don't really believe it's December yet, it sure is starting out with a bang!

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment