November 30, 2011

Crock pot Balsamic Chicken


I set a new record today. I was annoyed with work things before 8am. Do I get an award for that? I just hate when people don't get back to you...and when they finally do, they've ruined your whole plan for the month of December. I was all set to enjoy my two weeks off in December and now I feel a little stressed about taking the time off. I've kind of figured out a way to make everything work but still. Very annoyed. It's a good thing I had a delicious dinner last night, and a delicious lunch planned for today, or else I might have really flown off the handle.

Anyway........I’ve found a new favorite recipe! And it’s easy to boot! Probably the main reason it’s my new fave. Also, it is delicious and very versatile!

I found this recipe on the website skinny crock pot. You know I love me some crock-pot cookin’ and this website is perfection. This particular recipe makes 10 servings and I’m already thinking of the many other ways I’ll be able to eat it.


Ingredients

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced (not chopped)
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp each of dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
½ tsp thyme
½ c balsamic vinegar
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
ground pepper and salt, to taste

Directions

1. Pour the olive oil into the crock-pot, coating the bottom.
2. Add chicken breasts and cover with onion slices and salt and pepper.
3. Add dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in the vinegar and diced tomatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with angel hair pasta.

I didn’t have an onion so I made mine without. Mine was delicious but I know the onion really adds some extra flavor so I’m excited to make this again with the sliced onion. I also only used 3 chicken breasts and when I ate this on Monday night, I ate one whole chicken breast. For my other servings, I shredded the chicken, which was super easy because it was so moist from cooking. I'm going to eat the wrap suggested on the original recipe for lunch today and also try it over rice. I’d also like to try it cold over salad since the sauce is pretty much balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Any other ideas on how to eat the rest of this, let me know!

heaven in a bag

At least I have these babies waiting for me when I get home tonight. They are the perfect combo of dark chocolate, peppermint and pretzel. Have I mentioned how much I love dark chocolate and peppermint together? If you haven’t noticed, I’ve declared my love twice in the past two posts. It’s the pumpkin of the holiday season! Blonk!

No comments:

Post a Comment