November 15, 2011

Weekend Re-cap


Welp. My internet at my apartment isn’t working for the second time in two weeks. Argh. Two Thursdays ago, I called my internet/cable provider about it and a tech was scheduled to come out Monday but the internet miraculously came back Sunday. This time, it’s been out since last Thursday and I’m kind of waiting it out to call the tech again because I’m hoping it’ll come back. But no luck so far…why am I telling you my life story? To let you know the work that has been put in to this beloved post. I wrote this blog post in a word doc last night and am posting it today from work. (shh, don’t tell.)

This weekend was GREAT! I went out with my peeps Friday and then babysat Ella Saturday. We also celebrated my dad’s 65th birthday Sunday, which included quite a bit of Ella as well. I’ve written about my dad a lot on this blog, so I won’t go in to how much I love him, but he’s pretty much my whole life, and I’m so thankful for him.

Below is the picture I took on Saturday before putting Ella to bed. She was being cuddly which I LOVE since she’s pretty squirmy these days. I said "1, 2, 3, smile!" and she did!! I took about 7 pictures because I looked like hell in a hand basket but every single pic she was smiling. It was awesome. I love that she’s aware that she’s getting her picture taken so she can look extra cute in every one J It probably has something to do with her getting her picture taken about 1,000 times a day because she’s so freaking cute, but hey, I’m not complaining!
In the above picture, it looks like she’s looking at something or someone keeping her attention but I swear it was just us gals. I showed Tiff the picture and Tiffany said sometimes it looks like Ella is looking at something or someone but there’s no one around. I remember I was babysitting her once when she was about 3-4 months and I was rocking her to sleep in her bedroom with the lights out. She kept looking up past my head and smiling, like someone was standing behind me. This sounds silly, and maybe I’ve been watching too much American Horror Story, but sometimes I think she can see spirits and if she does see someone, I feel like it could be my mom. But, again, that may be my recent fascination with shows about ghosts.

Moving right along, yesterday was unseasonably warm for Ohio. 70 degrees and Thanksgiving is next week? What the what?! Usually by this time, it has snowed at least once. Since it’s so warm (and humid, unfortunately), I was craving a smoothie this morning. I haven’t made one in awhile and it was nice to break out the ole’ blender. My morning smoothie included 1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, a handful frozen fruit, a (big) spoonful of peanut butter, half scoop of vanilla protein powder and a tablespoon ground flaxseed. Yummers!

Have a great Tuesday! Or, as I like to call it, Glee and New Girl Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment