November 9, 2011

Glutes on Fire

My, oh my, did I do work on my gluteus maximus last night/this morning. Since I want to get a free pumpkin pie at the Turkey Trot, I've been working on interval training on the treadmill. Yesterday I decided to try a workout I saw on Peanut Butter Fingers and, I'm not kidding, I started feeling the soreness creep in 3 hours after I completed it. After the workout, I ran an additional 10 minutes to make it an even 40-minute workout which was probably unneccessary in hindsight. Why was it unnecessary? Because I forgot that this morning was leg day at That Gym. Whomp, whomp. I walked in this morning and told Demi my rear was sore and she said, "well....I have quite the workout for you today" and we worked primarily on that area. It wasn't that bad and it actually helped stretch me out a little bit but I'm still walking pretty silly.

Butt-busting 30-Minute Treadmill Workout

Min      Speed        Incline
5             6.5                1
1             3.5                5
1             6.5                5
1             3.5                6
1             6.5                6
1             3.5                7
1             6.3                7
1             3.5                8
1             5.9                8
1             3.5                9
1             5.7                9
  1             3.0                10
  1             5.5                10
  1             3.0                11
  1             5.3                11
  1             3.0                12
  1             5.1                12
  1             3.0                13
  1             4.9                13
  1             3.0                14
  1             4.7                14
  1             3.0                15
  1             4.5                15
 3               3                  7


I miiight have overdone it. I've never regretted a workout and I'm glad I did the treadmill workout because I wanted to challenge myself, which it defintely did, but I probably should have thought more about the timing of all of this. I already planned out that I wouldn't be doing any more treadmill workouts this week so at least I ended on tough one.
[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment