November 8, 2011

Lights Out

[source]
So, I have a confession to make that is a little bit embarrassing. As you all know, the time "fell back" on Saturday night so what used to be 6pm is now 5pm, which means it's lighter in the mornings and darker in the evenings. My confession is that I kind of like that it's darker earlier. Hear me out:

During the week, I am usually in bed around 7:30-8pm to watch my shows so I can go to sleep by 9-9:30pm. I have always been an "early to bed, early to rise" person. But when it's still light out at 8pm, I feel weird laying in bed trying to stay awake for my shows. Now, when I'm actually doing things at that time, I would prefer it to be light out. And, it does suck to leave work in the dark (which isn't an issue with my current hours but will be come January.) But, for the majority of the week, I feel like less of a loser when I'm in bed and not shielding my eyes from the sun.

I also really like bonfires and whatnot, and it's easier to have a bonfire and enjoy it for a longer period of time when you can start the bonfire at 6pm instead of 7pm. What's an extra hour, you say? It's one more hour of s'more-making, which is reason enough for me.
[source]

When it's darker earlier, that means it's lighter earlier. And with my current schedule, I'm up at 5:30am, work out from 6-7am, and am at work by 7:30am. It's nice to wear sunglasses at 7:30am instead of going to work in the pitch black.

There are also many reasons why the time change sucks (colder weather, harder to run outdoors, harder to do anything outdoors, etc.) but for me, I kind of don't mind the darker evenings 3-4 days a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment