August 22, 2011

The New Digs!

Hello cyber friends :) This weather is freakin' amazing. I bet you know what season it reminds me of....I'll give you a hint, it sounds like schmall... :) I set my alarm early this morning with the intent of getting my run in before work, since I've been seriously struggling through my afternoon runs as of late, but, well, that didn't happen. I'm kind of bummed I didn't just get up and go because it would've been perfect weather! Oh well...such is life.

I've been looking forward to my runs lately because I have new surroundings to explore! About three weeks ago I moved into a new apartment in Grandview and now I'm living by myself for the first time ever! I've always had roommates but I decided it's time for me to live alone. My job, like most, requires me to be nice all the time, which sounds bad, but I realized I needed some time at the end of the day by myself where I'm not required to smile or talk to anyone. I moved to Grandview because all my family and friends are around here and I was driving back and forth so much from my old apartment in German Village that it just made sense to move to this area to be closer to the places I go to regularly.

I've had to buy a lot of things because, as I mentioned, I've always had roommates and it just worked out that all my past roommates had a lot of stuff that was used in the common rooms (things for the kitchen, living room furniture, etc.) It's been fun buying new things or looking around to see what's out there although my wallet is a little lighter. I still have a small list of things left to buy but my place is slowly coming together. My location is great too because I have so many restaurants and shops within walking distance that I really have no need to drive anywhere other than work!
living room
right side of dining room


left side of dining room


I'm really excited about this new beginning in my life and can't wait to see what Grandview has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment