February 3, 2012

The (lame) Injury

I'm injured.



Well, no, not really but my toe was hurting bad last night. I titled this picture "The Injury" like the episode with the same name in the first season of The Office. Fortunately, I didn't burn my foot on a George Foreman grill while making bacon in bed. In fact, I don't really know what I did. All I can tell you is that it hurt like a mother. It felt better this morning so I still worked out with Demi but it was throbbing last night. No bueno.

Good thing I had some peanut butter breakfast pudding for dinner to make it feel better. This recipe has been all over Pinterest like white on rice so naturally, I had to see what all the fuss was about. It's really good and pretty simple; however I think I'd rather have OIAJ...just sayin'.

Peanut Butter Breakfast (or dinner) Pudding

1/2 c oatmeal
1 c milk
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted)
1/2 of a ripe banana
1-2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener (if preferred)

Cook the oats, salt, and milk (either on the stove or in the microwave). Meanwhile, blend the pb and banana. Then add your vanilla, sweetener, and 1/2 of the cooked oats to the blender and re-blend. Stir or blend in the rest of the oats.

I used 1 tbsp of pb and topped the oatmeal/pudding with the other half of the banana and some no-bake energy bites granola. Like I said, it was very good, but pretty much tasted the same as the peanut butter oats I usually make.




Tonight, I plan on doing a little of this:



Who's with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment