February 13, 2012

Humbling Friday

I had such a good weekend! What made it so good? I didn't eat like an animal! I actually stuck to my usual diet, only straying (but not much) for dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I also got in a nice, long workout on Saturday which made me feel so much better about going out both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm hoping I can remember this feeling and stick with it so I won't feel like such a fatty on Mondays.

too much pizza
I missed a post on Friday because I was busy visiting schools who are collecting money for my campaign, Pennies for Patients. I do kick-off assemblies where I get to teach students at participating schools about blood cancers and tell them how important it is for them to bring in their spare change. At one of my assemblies, I got to chat with an 11 year old who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL, the most common form of childhood leukemia) when he was just 8 years old. He is in the "maintenance phase" of treatment, meaning he's in remission but must still travel from Chauncey to Columbus (1.5 hours) once every three months for treatment for the next two years. If everything looks good after that, he'll switch to less frequent visits. He was such a cool dude and was so positive; I left the school feeling very blessed that I never had to go through that and said a little prayer thanking God for keeping Thomas, Evan, Avery, Andrew, and Ella healthy. I can't even imagine what it's like to hear that your child (or niece/nephew) has cancer at the young age of 8, let alone younger than that. Meeting young cancer survivors, as I often do in my profession, is very humbling.

Anyway, since I didn't post on Friday, I didn't get to tell you about the newest treadmill interval I did: the 5k treadmill challenge.


[source]

Challenge is right; this one was quite tough. I've never ran faster than 8.0 for 1 minute on the treadmill and this one had me running 8.5, 8.7 and 9.0 for a certain distance, not time (like all the other ones.) It was about 3.5 minutes of running before taking a break to walk for .1 mile. The workout went by in a flash so I walked a little bit afterward, but it is a great workout for anyone looking to pick it up a notch!

Julie posted the questions James Lipton asks every actor at the end of their interview on Inside the Actor's Studio. Every time I watch that show, I wonder how I would answer them. Welp, it looks like today's the day!

  1. What is your favorite word?
  2. What is your least favorite word?
  3. What turns you on?
  4. What turns you off?
  5. What sound or noise do you love?
  6. What sound or noise do you hate?
  7. What is your favorite curse word?
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
  9. What profession would you not like to do?
  10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
My answers:

  1. "F***" (I know it's not appropriate but it is my favorite word...)
  2. "Disappointed"
  3. Tattoos
  4. Rudeness
  5. The sound of my dad's voice
  6. The sound of someone I love crying
  7. F***
  8. Playing the tambourine/banjo/drums in a band
  9. Tax accountant
  10. "I'm proud of you."
I'm interested to see how other people would answer these questions as well so let it rip if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment