February 22, 2012

Jamie Eason's meatloaf muffins

Oh hello there. Thought I forgot you? Absolutely not, I've just been crazy busy and haven't had a chance to update the ole' bloggy. I'm glad to be back because I have some good stuff to share.

I had another fantastic weekend of staying on the diet track. I didn't even go out Saturday night! If you know me, that's saying a lot. Since I didn't spend money at the bar, I bought myself a pretty spring dress. Now I just need some place (preferably warm and beachy) to wear it!
[source]
I watched Ella Monday afternoon because I had the day off (USA USA) and Jamie and Tiff didn't. We went to the library and played on the chairs. Yup, it doesn't take much when you're 15 months!



I repeated a few workouts over the past few days but yesterday afternoon I saw this "speed it up" interval workout on Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life and tried it out last night.



It was a hum-dinger for sure! I had to take two 30-second breaks but I got through it like a boss. It made me sweat like a beast too so if you try it, make sure you have some sort of towel; that sweat stings when it's in your eyeballs!

I had some ground turkey to use (and a day off! Did I mention that already?) so I made these clean eating meatloaf muffins on Monday and have been eating them all week.

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Calories: 80
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Ingredients:
* 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
* 3 egg whites
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp dried thyme
* 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
* 2 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
* 1 small onion (finely chopped)
* 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

Serving Size:
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins


I only had 1 lb. ground turkey so I halved the recipe. The muffins are quite spicy which I love! If you aren't a spicy person, I would use less chipotle pepper spice. I added some chopped red pepper too since I had it around. Definitely a winner for me!

So glad it's already Wednesday! Peace out lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment