March 29, 2012

Snack purse

So yeah. I def messed up my knee. Grrrr. I ran 4 miles on the treadmill this morning and could barely walk afterwards. I'm going to try to take it easy over the next few days and see if some rest will help. I'm also embarrassingly overdue for some new sneaks so that may be on the to-do list for this weekend.



I like to bring snacks with me every where I go. That used to include m&m's and mini-snickers but more recently, I've toned it down and now carry around spearmints and Werther's hard candies. I'm well aware I look like a grandma while I do this, but it's better than nothing! Usually, I'll just let the snacks loose in my purse but that kind of disorganization drives me batty. Last night I got smart and used one of the free gifts with purchase from Clinique to put my snacks on lock. It's working out very well so far; I don't have to search high and low through my purse for a treat; I simply pull out my handy snack purse and go to town!



I tried a new Pinterest recipe this morning for breakfast that was ok...but probably not one of my all-time favorite breakfasts. I tweaked the recipe to what I had on hand.

Peanut butter and banana chocolate milk
adapted from Simply Scratch
serves 1

6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani, naturally)
1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 banana, frozen
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp chocolate PB2
honey as needed

Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.

I didn't snap a picture but mine looked exactly like the original author's photo. Chocolate milk is exactly how I would describe its consistency. I'm sure using real peanut butter would thicken it but I didn't mind the thinness so much as I could still taste the cocoa powder. If you've never had cocoa powder, it's very bitter and really not that tasty. I added quite a bit of honey to my blend, which helped with the bitterness, but I still didn't really enjoy the cocoa powder taste. I'll probably just stick with my post-workout smoothie that includes actual chocolate milk. Just sayin'.

Now...I'm off to figure out a way to ice my knee at my desk without looking like a loon. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment