March 20, 2012

Peach banana oat smoothie

Last night's mexichicken and sweet potater fries threw a party in mah mouth!




The fries ended up looking more like chunks but they still tasted fabuloso. I sprayed them with vegetable oil and sprinkled on some garlic salt, crazy mixed-up salt and cayenne pepper before baking at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. They probably could have stayed in the oven for about 3-4 minutes longer but I was anxious to eat and get my run on.


Since it's supposed to be in the 80's today (woohoo), I figured a smoothie would be the best way to start the day. I've never put oats in my smoothies before but I saw a recipe on Pinterest (duh) that looked good so I adjusted the recipe a little and gave it a try. The oats added some thickness that I really enjoyed.



Peach banana oat smoothie
adapted from strawberry-banana & oats smoothie
serves 1

1 cup milk (I used my usual unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
handful spinach
1/2 cup frozen fruit (I used peaches and pineapple)
1/2 frozen banana
2 tbsp oats
drizzle of honey
2 tbsp PB2

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.

I'm really excited for 6pm tonight because I get to spend some quality time with this little bugger:



She's getting so big...like a real live human!

No comments:

Post a Comment