March 19, 2012

Healthy Hiatus

Hola! I hope everyone had a very green weekend! I'm not a huge St Patrick's Day person but since the "holiday" fell on a Saturday this year, I figured I would be Irish for the Day. It was a verrrry fun day but I'm still recovering...go hard or go home, am I right?



Hey Jules!


I took a mini vacation from running/healthy eating at the end of last week. I had a lot of lunch/dinner/happy hour dates last week that prevented me from working out before or after work. I mean, I probably could have tried harder to fit in a workout but the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the fun was flowing. I really don't feel that guilty about my healthy hiatus because I had a lot of fun! However, I still have goals and Katie's wedding date is fast approaching (73 days! Holy cow!) so I'm back in saddle and ready to keep up my momentum. Sometimes little break to rejuvenate is just what Ryan the doctor ordered.

I freakin' wish I came home to him.

I'm currently making some Mexican chicken in the crock-pot that I cannot wait to dig in to for dinner tonight. Into the crock went 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, one jar of Newman's Own black bean and corn salsa, and about 1/4 bag frozen corn. I thought about adding a packet of taco seasoning but decided against it. I also have a sweet potato that I'm going to cut up and season for sweet potato fries so stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment