March 28, 2012

Nostalgia

I didn't break any records on tonight's run but I'll take it:



Considering I basically ran in place for mile 3-4 due to this super awesome wind we're having, I'd say it wasn't the worst run in the world. I've also been having some knee pain (yoinks!) so I didn't want to push it.

When I got home, I did two sets of this arm workout that Courtney posted today. Gotta polish those guns for that strapless dress I'll be wearing in a few weeks!



The bent arm lateral raises were killllller.

I went for a very short drive this evening that got me a little emotional. Me, emotional?! What else is new, right? I just started reminiscing about high school. Call me crazy but I looooved high school. I was so innocent and naive and the only things I had to worry about were getting good grades and playing sports. Katie and I would sometimes "cruise" around town, windows down, blasting Coldplay or Eminem (no judgments); those were some of the best nights ever. Tonight would have been the perfect night for cruising.

I got nostalgic because I realized life will never be that simple ever again. Katie has someone new to cruise around with and I don't even have enough money to pay for the gas it takes to cruise. I miss the days where I didn't have to worry about money, or raising money for my job, or bills, or all that other stuff that comes along with growing up and becoming an adult. Don't get me wrong-- I enjoy living by myself and eating pizza for breakfast if I so choose, but I also miss the days when my biggest problem was picking out an outfit for school the next day. I know, I know, don't focus on the past blah blah blah...but sometimes it sneaks up on you.





But I guess you gotta grow up some time, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment