March 7, 2012

MIA

Wassssup?! Sorry I've been MIA. I have a few excuses (super busy at work, had a friend in town, sick as a dawg) but really, I think I've kind of burned myself out thinking, worrying, stressing over my weight loss lately that I needed to chillax (is that/was that ever a cool word?) HOWEVER, I do want to share some yummy treats so I've come out of hiding!

I finally bit the bullet and got my hands on PB2. I've seen it all over healthy-eating blogs and didn't know what the heck it was at first. After I kept seeing all the different ways people use it, I decided to buy up two jars: one jar of the original and one jar of the chocolate.
[source]
Since I'm addicted to peanut butter, I figured subbing a healthier version here and there wouldn't hurt. After eating it in different forms (mixed with yogurt, mixed with water, mixed with milk, mixed in smoothies and oatmeal, etc) I think I like it as a mix-in and not so much as a topping. I still use the real stuff for ants-on-a-log (which have totally made a comeback in my snack dept by the way) and the occasional pb spoon, but the powdered stuff is good in warm oatmeal and especially in smoothies.


peanut butter yogurt dip

I used original PB2 to make this yogurt fruit dip. It is verrrry yummy. It's not that sweet but I found myself using my finger to clean the Tupperware when I ran out of apple slices. I just mixed a heaping spoonful of 0% vanilla Chobani (1/2 cupish) with 2 tbsp PB2. If you like your fruit dip on the sweeter side, adding some honey or a packet of sweetener should do the trick.

I raged a little too hard this weekend in honor of The Black Keys and basically f-ed up my throat, lungs, and voice. Oops. I've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies to get some vitamins in me and rev up the ole' immune system so I made a green monster for breakfast this morning that was thebomb.com. I also had some spinach that was on its last leg that I wanted to use up instead of throw away. This was the perfect amount of sweetness and felt amaze on my firey throat (TWSS.)


keepin' it classy in a stolen beer mug

Sore-throat Green Monster
serves 1

1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almondmilk)
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani...obvi)
2 tbsp PB2
a drizzle of honey

Mix in a blender and enjoy in a fun glass!


All the treadmill work I've been doing has been working! I ran outside last night for the first time in forevs. I didn't have any expectations and didn't think I would get very far without hacking up a lung, but I made it through 4.43 miles with an average pace of 9:41! I usually average around a 10-min mile so that is totally boss! I can't wait to try it again when I have full lung capacity to see how fast I can zip around Grandview. Although I don't want to get too fast...people may start confusing me with Usain Bolt.


fun run

Just kidding.

As I mentioned above, I've kinda been stressing out about my weight lately because I'm happy with what I see in the mirror...but then I look at myself in pictures and the two don't add up. It's bizarre-o. I already knew this weekend would be a "cheat weekend" because I had friends in town and had been planning on attending the concert for awhile now, so I pretty much went to town this weekend. Well, the weird keeps getting weirder because, as it turns out, I actually lost a pound after eating like a jerk for three days! Now I'm totally confused. Either way, I'm down 16 pounds since February 5 and I'm just going with it and sticking to my regular scheduled foods and workouts and seeing where this goes.

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment