April 3, 2012

Avocado egg salad

I just re-read my post from yesterday and was smiling/laughing to myself at my desk at work. I'm sure my co-workers think I need medication, and I probably do, but I just can't look at pictures of Ella and NOT smile. Even pictures of her screaming her little head off make me swoon.



Swoon.

I loaded up on fresh produce (and a few bags of frozen veggies for end-of-the-month blues) yesterday at the grocery, including three avocados because they were 3/$5. Now I'm trying to find ways to eat said avocados before they go bad. Guac is always my first option, as is adding some avocado chunks to a salad. But I've seen a few recipes on Pinterest about avocado egg salad that I'd like to try. I'm actually kind of really excited about it...eggs are my LIFE.

Avocado egg salad
serves 4

10 hard-boiled egg whites, diced
1/3 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
8 tbsp avocado, mashed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
pinch salt (optional)

In a bowl, combine eggs, onion, celery, avocado, and mustard. Stir until well mixed. Add paprika, pepper and salt; stir to combine. Leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.

I also love when recipes come with nutritional stats:

Nutrients per 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 100, Total Fat: 4.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g,  Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 10 g, Sodium: 300 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg

Muy bueno.

I'm watching Ella for a bit tonight while her parents get their shop on so I may not have time to make this tonight but I'm definitely going to try it before my avocados bite the dust! <--- how's THAT for a run-on sentence?!

1 comment:

  1. I can't to hear how you like this...this looks like a great "pilot-friendly" recipe that I might enjoy too. :) Ella is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete