October 8, 2011

Where my girls at?

My dear friend Katie recently moved back to the Columbus area. Technically, she lives in Granville, but that's only a half hour away as opposed to two hours away when she ditched me to attend Physician Assistant school in Cleveland. I'm so glad she's back! We went out and had a few drinks last night and I feel like Katie and I can talk about anything and everything, no matter how much time has gone by, and be right back where we started. It's rare to have friends like that, and I'm lucky almost all of my friends are like that.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: all of my friends are amazing, but three of them have been around since we were 16: Jess, Steph and Katie. Katie and I played basketball together and the twins (Jess and Steph) and I played softball. We didn't drink in high school (no one did, right? Because that would be illegal, right? hah) and we were just good kids. We all went to OU together (not on purpose) but we didn't all hang out every single day at OU either. The twins were in a sorority and we used to laugh because we would only ever hang out back at home and rarely at OU for the first couple of years of college. We each made other friends at college (and I love my OU girls just as much) but Jess, Steph, and Katie are the people I spend the most time with since we all live here in Columbus. And I know they will be around until I take my last breath. A little dramatic, I know, but it's gonna happen.

Growing up, I never really had a female to talk to about girly stuff. My girl friends have always been there when I'm crying for no reason and I just want someone to talk to. Sometimes I have a lot of feelings and lord knows it freaks my dad out. He's a fantastic father and sometimes he will surprise me with his ability to listen, but most of the time, he'll get this terrified look on his face when he sees my hormones coming. That's when I'll go to my girl friends and they will sit there and listen, making me feel like I'm totally normal and not a crazy person. Without them, there's a very real possibility I would have spent some time in the looney bin by now.

I know I'm not the only person in the world to have awesome friends, but in my opinion, my friends are the most awesome friends in the world :) This post is dedicated to my girls. You're the best!











1 comment:

  1. Who are we without eachother?? : ) Love you Jala!

    ReplyDelete