October 25, 2011

The Two Jonathans

Happy Birthday Jonathan Lipnicki!





America's favorite smart-mouthed kid turned 21 over the weekend. He was only 5 years old when he starred in Jerry Maguire. I can't imagine what it would be like to be 5 and working with Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger. Although I'm sure he had no idea how famous his co-stars were at the time. At least he has some sweet bragging rights for his resume!

After seeing the news that JL is all grown up, I started thinking about movies that I've seen 100 times (give or take) and almost always watch when I catch them on TV:
*the TV versions of all of these movies don't do them justice but I still enjoy quoting them when I catch them on a channel, even though other people watching the movies with me do not appreciate my commentary.

Jerry Maguire (duh)
Almost Famous
The Breakfast Club
Dumb and Dumber
Mean Girls
The Notebook
Garden State (awesome soundtrack)
Clueless

I could go on...but you get the point. I think JL and JTT should get together and star in a reality show about finding new work now that they are all grown up. You're probably thinking, "didn't A&E try that a few years ago with two other child actors by the same name?" Yes, but I would actually watch this version.


No comments:

Post a Comment