October 26, 2011

Skeptical Sally

Demi told me to start paying attention to the Weight Watchers Points of my food. I have never legit tried ww because it seems like a lot of work. But I know plenty of people who have done it, lost mucho weight-o, and have kept it off. Demi suggested keeping track of the points in my food to keep my portions in check. However, I'm not sold that it'll help me lose weight.

I've been counting calories since I can remember. I stopped counting calories for awhile but I've started to keep semi-track since February. But I get so sick and tired of counting and thinking and focusing on the numbers associated with my food. I used to be really strict about counting calories (i.e. only eating one jolly rancher because that would only be 13.2 calories) and I'm certainly not that extreme now, but I do find that it helps me make healthier choices when I think about how many calories I'm consuming. So, instead of keeping track of calories, I'm re-training my brain to keep track of points because it's supposed to be easier and less demanding. However, I find myself looking up points of various foods and not believing that they are indeed that many points. For example, the website I'm currently using (since I'm technically not paying for ww...heh) says that the egg white of a hard-boiled egg is 0 points. But what if it isn't? What if it is actually like 3 points? When I eat my 4 hard-boiled egg whites for breakfast, am I actually eating 12 points instead of 0?

I know I'm thinking about this too much, like I do everything, but I'm going to be skeptical until I see physical results.
[source]
I've been obsessed with eating oatmeal lately. My current favorite is oats made with milk. I've always only made my oats with water until I tried it last week with milk and I seriously cannot get enough. All I do is heat 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, add 1/2 cup oats, cook for 5-6 minutes, and then add some peanut butter or dark chocolate peanut spread after transferring the oats to a bowl. So simple, yet so delicious! And, it's only 4 points (supposedly...)

1 comment:

  1. Laine, you should totally do weight watchers! I've done it before and it really does work. Specifically because weight watchers doesnt just have you keep track of calories, but takes into account the amount of fat, protein, carbs, and fiber in what you're eating. It is a bit of a hassle, but I think it can be a fun and positive way to tackle your meals!! We can do weight watchers together!! (except we won't join it officially, pay the fee, or have weekly way ins! yay)

    ReplyDelete