June 24, 2013

Thankful and Biggest Loser update

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here yet but I left my job at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society last July. I nannied for awhile and when my dad passed away, I realized I needed a job with benefits quickly. By the end of October, I got a job at OSU's James Cancer Hospital scheduling patients with head and neck cancers to see their surgeons in clinic. I've really enjoyed the change; it's definitely different than fundraising for a living, that's for sure! Also, it doesn't hurt that I'm now officially a Buckeye.



Working at The James, a comprehensive cancer center, makes me thankful for my health every day. I know I talk about losing weight and eating/not eating this and that and the other, but every time I lace up my sneaks or go out with friends or eat a whole medium pizza (just kidding, haven't done that in awhile!) I am just glad I have the opportunity to do so. You never realize how much you appreciate your health until you're sick.

Alright, enough depressing talk, let's move on to the Biggest Loser challenge update. We had our 2 week weigh-in at Brickhouse last week. I got weighed after a workout at the end of the day, just like the first time, and I am down 8.2 pounds! I seriously cannot believe it. I mean, I can, since I've been working my buns off (literally), but that seems like a LOT for such a short amount of time! I realize it won't always be as much weight lost but it definitely made me feel great and even more motivated for the remaining weeks ahead. I got a little shout-out on Facebook too:



Nothing like a little friendly competition to light a fire under me I guess!

Good thing the weigh in came before Jess's bachelorette party this past weekend. Not too many "healthy" choices were made which I am completely fine with. I knew this weekend would be happening in the midst of the challenge so I was prepared to let the diet go a little bit. Now I'm doing a 3-day cleanse to get me back on the wagon. I'm looking forward to sweating tonight at Turbokick too!

Catch y'all later!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lainer, you look so so good!

    ReplyDelete