July 25, 2011

moving is stressful

cabin adventure
Welp, I just discovered a new favorite meal. I seriously need to detox after this past weekend that I spent in the hocking hills with my friends. It was a lot of fun but I definitely didn't do anything that would be considered "healthy." I'm feeling very chunky so I'm trying to be very conscious of what I'm eating over the next few days. So, I had oatmeal for dinner. I love oatmeal; it fills me up and I can eat a lot of it without feeling weighed down by all the carbs. Tonight I decided to add about a tablespoon of almond butter and some honey to 1/2 c old fashioned oats. It tasted like a warm oatmeal cookie! I'm already dreaming of it again with raisins!

I am moving at the end of this week and needless to say, I've put off packing. It's like the closer I get to the moving date, the more excuses I find to NOT pack. The plan is to really buckle down this week and get everything together. But, naturally, I had to write about it first.


my tropical island
I've always had roommates my whole life but this time, I'm going to live by myself. I'm a really social person so I don't know how well I'm going to adjust to not having anyone around, but with my profession, where I have to be smiling, nice, and patient for 40 hours a week (not that I'm a huge B otherwise...but you know what I'm saying) I think it's going to be best for me to have some time at the end of the day where I don't have to talk to anyone. Plus, I'm moving closer to all my friends so it'll be even easier to see people when I want. Another bonus: I'll be within walking distance of my personal trainer's studio! I usually shower there in the mornings before work but this is the last week for that! Next Tuesday, I'll be able to walk on home and shower in my own place! Though, to be honest, I may still shower at the gym once and awhile just for old time's sake :) So, as I'm excited to start a new phase of my life (my dad gets credit for that line), I'm not so excited for the packing/moving/unpacking part. I should invent a machine that will transport people's stuff from place to place. And then, I'll retire and move to a tropical island that I'll own. Hey, a girl can dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment